Linggo, Hulyo 28, 2019

BACK TO MY MOTHER'S ARMS- GENDER AND DISABILITY ADVOCACY

I am back to this blog after seven years of service to the Person With Disability Sector through the National Council on Disability Affairs.  It was the greatest phase of my career doing the works I love doing as a volunteer without expecting anything in return.  And during those seven years, I gave my best to be responsive to what I believe the sector needed.  I worked without looking at time. In fact, I seldom wore watches, if ever I did, it's for the sake of fashion. I have sacrificed my time with my children but I was glad they were grown up to understand the responsibilities I had. I did my best but I never expected to please everybody.  

I am now excited to tell the stories of women I met around the world, especially in the Philippines. So many of them I met in different times and situations, giving me lessons that I have to nurture.  Their stories made me cry, made me feel angry, gave me inspirations and many of them made me acted immediately to do something to get them out from their horrible situation. 

Many women with disabilities I worked with since year 2000 had gone a long way. They are my voices in their communities and serving as shepherds leading other women to become leaders. So many initiatives had started and becoming strong.  Their voices are now louder and ready to roar and be heard. 

We will give Gender and Disability Advocacy a new face. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento